Dr. Leahcim Semaj is noted among the leading Creative Thinkers, Problem Solvers and Motivational Speakers in the Caribbean
This Psychologist combines ancient wisdom with contemporary ‘livity’ to bring fresh insight to old human problems. As a Transformation Specialist he offers two options
– ABOVE or BEYOND. Above where you presently are or Beyond your wildest dreams.
He is a frequent facilitator for Strategic Planning Retreats, Organizational Restructuring, Cultural and Work/Values Alignment, Leadership Training and Corporate Coaching.
Dr. Semaj has worked with many sectors including –
- Energy, Hospitality, Finance, Gaming, Telecommunications, Security, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical, Shipping, Distribution, Manufacturing, Education and Government.
- He has worked in North America, South America, Europe and across the Caribbean.
The Jamaica Employers’ Federation has recognized Dr. Semaj for “Leadership in Innovative Workplace Practices”. He is included in Peter Ferguson’s publication CHANGE MAKERS as one of the 101 men who have helped to define modern day Jamaica. He is the current Chairman of the Passport, Immigration & Citizenship Agency (PICA) Advisory Board.
Dr. Semaj is a graduate of Kingston College (Jamaica). He has a B.A. cum laude (1974) from City College of New York, M.Sc. (1976) & PhD (1978) from Rutgers – The State University of New Jersey and Pre & Post Doctoral Fellowships from Educational Testing Service, Princeton, New Jersey. He has held teaching and research posts at Rutgers and at Cornell University (USA), at the University of the West Indies and The College of Agriculture in Jamaica.
He has been involved in Jamaican media as a newspaper columnist for all the major publications and hosted a variety of radio and TV programmes.
Some of his transformation projects:
- Cable and Wireless Communications (LIME) cultural integration and transformation program as part of the proposed merger with Columbus (FLOW), 2015
- The ‘Mind Set’ Change Workshops – Ministry of Education, 2015
- Guiding The Cultural Re-Alignment & Human Element in The Betting, Gaming & Lottery Commission/Jamaica Racing Commission Merger, 2014-2015
- The Audit Of The Human Resources of AAMM and UWI Credit Unions to facilitate the Merger Creating EduCom, 2014 – 2015
- The Cultural Re-Alignment of Kingston Container Terminal, 2012 – 2014
- The Public Consultations for Public Sector Financing of Health Care, 2013
- The Public Consultations for the JCF Strategic Review, 2007
- The Implementing The Jamaica Parish Crime Prevention Committees, 2004 to 2006
- The Social Engineering & Community Participation Process in the Northern Coastal Highway Improvement Project, 1997 – 1998